First National Bank of Norway was originally chartered in 1901 as "The State Bank of Norway" when the city was a booming mining town. Two years later, the Bank’s Charter was converted to a national bank and its’ name was changed to First National Bank of Norway.
In 1993, our then new 9,000 square-foot main office opened at 501 West U.S. Hwy 2, on the city of Norway’s expanding western gateway. Since that time, four additional full service branches have been opened which have increased the bank’s market footprint.
In addition to the Bank’s Main Office, we now operate full service Branches at 531 Main Street, in Norway, inside Ebeling’s Supermarket; 1917 N. Stephenson Avenue in Iron Mountain, Michigan, which also houses two qualified and experienced financial advisors; 201 U.S. Hwy 41 in Carney, Michigan and W3879 US Hwy 2 & 41 in Powers, Michigan.
For well over 100 years, the bank has grown and evolved with the latest financial services and technology available. Through all of the advancements at First National Bank of Norway, the Board of Directors and Employees have taken immense pride in being known as THE hometown, independent, community bank. "Being able to make decisions locally and in a timely manner, coupled with a dedicated, experienced and caring staff has played a significant part in the Bank’s growth," said Bank President & CEO, Tim Mattson, who is just the seventh President in the Bank’s history.
Click on the link below for a quick look at First National Bank of Norway - Hometown Independent Community Bank.
Video Link - First National Bank of Norway